Lordswood Academies Trust has introduced a new system for checking eligibility for Free School Meals online.
If you receive any of the following benefits then you may be eligible for Free School Meals.
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- As part of the application you will be required to provide your National Insurance number and confirm that you are in receipt of one of the benefits listed above. You will also need to provide your name, address and date of birth. On completion each applicant will be issued with a unique reference number. Please note, a separate application is required for each child.
- The system provides the highest level of data security and will comply with all appropriate regulations and codes of practice.
Important – children who have sandwiches! by registering for Free School Meals, schools receive additional funding known as the Pupil Premium, which is £900 per pupil.
Even if you do not wish to have a school meal it is important that you complete an application if you are on any of the above listed benefits. Please take the time to complete an application as this funding really does make a difference to school budgets.
If you have any questions regarding these changes please contact the school office.